General meetings with all ICSEM researchers
General meetings bring together all the researchers involved in the Project, across national and regional borders. They are usually organised just before or after EMES International Research Conferences on Social Enterprise, with a view to making it easier for researchers to attend.
- ICSEM Project’s Kick-off Meeting, Liege (Belgium), July 5, 2013. This meeting took place right after the EMES-SOCENT International Research Conference on Social Enterprise. It brought together close to 100 persons from 40 countries and all regions of the world.
- 1st General ICSEM Meeting, Helsinki (Finland), June 30, 2015
- 2nd General ICSEM Meeting, Stockholm (Sweden), June 27-28, 2016
- 3rd General ICSEM Meeting, Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), July 6-7, 2017
Regional symposiums: Bringing together researchers in various regions of the world
ICSEM Symposiums bring together researchers in various regions of the world. Some ICSEM Symposiums might be clearly “research-oriented” and bring together research teams only, while others may be open to stakeholders as well, with a view to creating a dialogue and exchange dynamics on best practices connecting SE models and ecosystems across national borders.
- Eastern ICSEM Symposium, Won Ju (South Korea), July 4-6, 2014
- Western ICSEM Symposium, La Roche-en-Ardenne (Belgium), October 9-10, 2014
- Latin American ICSEM Symposium (ICSEM Taller América Latina), Santiago (Chile), May 24-25, 2015
- Central and Eastern European ICSEM Symposium, Tirana (Albania), April 21-22, 2016
- Western European ICSEM Symposium, Paris (France), May 18, 2016
- 2nd Latin American ICSEM Symposium, Florianópolis (Brazil), December 15-18, 2016
Local talks: Reaching out to local and national stakeholders
ICSEM researchers are encouraged to take part, in their respective countries, to events that foster interactions between their research teams and local/national stakeholders. Such events are referred to here as ICSEM Talks, even though they might not always be formally labelled as “ICSEM events”. Indeed, they can be organized in a quite independent way by local organizations, but in order to be listed here, they must be characterized by a strong participation of two categories of people: ICSEM researchers and local/national stakeholders. The links and interactions between ICSEM national teams and the various stakeholders at the local level are indeed at the heart of these ICSEM Talks. In particular, local policy-makers and social entrepreneurs are invited to react to the findings that ICSEM brings forward, in a dialogue with national teams of ICSEM researchers. Researchers from neighbouring countries may also be involved in ICSEM Talks.
- SELF 2014, Seoul (South Korea), July 3, 2014
- Socially Responsible Territory, Sopot and Gdansk (Poland), November 6-7, 2014
- SUPSI Study Day on SE, Lugano (Switzerland), May 19, 2015
- ICSEM Talk Israel, Rishon Le'Zion (Israel), June 9, 2015
- ICSEM Talk Germany, Berlin (Germany), November 6, 2015
- La Gestion des Entreprises Sociales et Solidaires, Le Mans (France), December 5, 2016
- Promoting Social Entrepreneurship in South East Asia, Phnom Penh (Cambodia), May 23-24, 2017